Wednesday, February 20, 2008

That don't make no sense

So, my parents made some pretty intense New Year's resolutions in regards to health. They are eating healthier, exercising, and are seeing the results. My dad, especially, is on a strict diet with no sweets or "goodies." I really don't have a problem with this, but I have to say that I was kinda weirded out when I got a care package from them the other day. It contained: Belgian chocolate, fudge ice cream topping, caramel ice cream topping, truffles, macaroni and cheese, soup, and a can of sweetened condensed milk. I just think that it seems a little strange to be religiously following a strict diet, and then send all the forbidden treats off to your offspring, thats all. (Especially when you warn your kids all the time about how if they continue with their eating habits they will have all sorts of health problems). Weird. Anyway, I think its about time for one of those truffles....

6 comments:

Shannon said...

I also think, if your following a diet, but the posterity is going on something else, it's easy to quite. truffles are very good though.

BA said...

That is ruthless self-discipline. I would never last.

Keith McKay said...

My assumpation is that your parents are living vicariously through you. As they packed the box of goodies for you, I'm guessing they said to themselves, "Confound it, if we can't enjoy these wonderful foods, we're going to make sure someone in our immediate family does!" Kind of like when your dad forces you to play little league football because he didn't win the high school region championship - except your case is less twisted.

Gabriel said...

I think your parents were just cleaning out the pantry and didn't want the temptations!

Taylor_tots said...

That definitely does not make sense...but you got a care package at least!! That is exciting and makes a student feel loved. I don't get care packages...but my mom did send me some medicine from home that I needed. However, there was no note or anything, just the medicine. Kinda weird.

mathurston said...

I appreciate the quote from Oh Brother, Where Art Thou. I laughed when my parents did the same thing. I was on my mission and they decided to go on a diet. What did I get for Christmas, A large tub of red vines. I wasn't complaining.