Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What do YOU eat?

Well, you know, I was thinking today, as I strolled down the aisles of the grocery store, very consciously about my food choices. There were all sorts of factors: personal taste, price, brand, nutritional value, and it made me wonder what is it that we as college students buy and eat most in our day-to-day lives. Today I bought a big Malt-o-Meal bag of frosted wheat things, bananas, a jar of peanut butter (crunchy) and a jar of raspberry jelly, milk, wheat bread and 5 packs of my newly-found favorite Ramen--Cajun Chicken. I thought about getting a little bottle of strawberry milk, but decided that my immediate bodily appetites could wait. Well, what I meant to get at through that Caufield-ish ramble is that I want to know what we eat at BYU. I am very interested to see your shopping lists, just out of an imperical curiosity. So, if you please, when you add comments, add this weeks shopping list too! Thanks!

6 comments:

head chef said...

Wow, Our first challenge. I can't wait to read your responses. You will find my list very boring: Milk, Omega 3 eggs,cherries, asparagus, cucumbers, lettuce, zucchini, mini portabello mushrooms, and stamps.

Shannon said...

So macy's had a sale on canned goods so I go several can's of different beans and tomatoe(black, garbanzo etc.) 7-seed bread, margerine, potatoes, chocolate chips, vegie noodles and a sponge. If i weren't leaving this weekend I would include romaine lettuce, plain yogurt, some apples and usually a greenpepper or tomatoe. It's seems really long, but I don't spend very much.

Fishball said...

I bought mixed fruits and vegetables, frozen berries, canned soup, bread, and pancake mix. As I write this now I realize that I forgot to buy syrup so I will have to go back and get some, or I will have to be crafty and use some frozen berries and sugar and stuff....

Courtney said...

I've found I greatly look forward to my monthly trips to "the grocery store" AKA WalMart. That wonderful superstore supplies everything I need and more food-wise at like half the price of Albertsons. Usually in that monthly journey from the cougar town I get the essentials: special k cereal, pretzels, string cheese, tomato soup, beef jerky, applesauce. Everything else is just excess.

Brittany Perez said...

Wow, you've read my mind. I experience the same dilemma everytime I step into Smith's. Bread, eggs and milk always top my list but after those items are bought I have no idea where to go.

Anonymous said...

I hate going to the grocery store! It seems that of late all the stores in my area have only been consistent in their inconsistency to provide what I'm looking for. Can you believe that I can't find Tabasco sauce at Smiths, or Albertsons. I thought it was one of those great American staples. Of the 3 times that I've been to Washington DC, I've always seen little bottles of Tabasco, along with other mementos, placed at the Vietnam Memorial, and so I think to myself, "yes, this is American". But alas, no Tabasco in Orem. How unpatriotic.